PAQ have 16 transition apartment-studio: 9 for men and 6 for women and an accessible apartment for disable person. Tenants participate at a program that give access to services from a full-time psychosocial worker.
Governed by a set of protocols aimed at promoting safety and harmony between residents and with those around them, the transition rooms proposed lease contract for three months to three years period. The experience allowed us to develop an intervention style that is culturally adapted to people from First Nations, Inuit and Metis. Our intervention worker aimed to prevent the come-back to homelessness situation and support the members towards more stability at short, mid and long term and that, in many areas of their life.
HOUSING APPLICATION PR0CESS
- Contacting the psychosocial worker (see the information below).
- Filling-up a housing application.
- Taking an interview with the selection comity where there is an available room.
- Informing the candidate of the decision of his application.
- If the application is successful, meeting the transition rooms coordinator to organize the move
PSYCHOSOCIAL SERVICES OFFERED
A personalized intervention plan that aim:
- Long term objectives establishment
- Intervention in crisis case (financial, mental and physic health, etc.)
- Active listening for every participant, according to their needs
- Financial trust: This program allows residents to practice and develop the proper management of their personal finances, introducing them to new tools with personal guidance, all the while reassuring the residents that their basic necessities are taken care of.
- Laundry room: washing machine and dryer
- Hot meal in take-out at night
- Life Skills Program
Psychosocial worker of the transition room sis available from Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
You can contact him :
- By phone at (514) 879-3310 #205
- By email at email@example.com