Career Opportunity: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Projets Autochtones du Québec (PAQ) is an organization situated in downtown Montréal which provides a night shelter, with 50 emergency beds. In addition, PAQ offers social reintegration services (16 transition rooms). These services are culturally adapted to the realities of First Nations, Inuit and Métis people who are in situations of homelessness or difficulty. The annual budget of PAQ is $1.1 million with a staff of twenty.
The Executive Director is responsible for the administrative and financial management, human resource management, as well as external relations (government partners, community groups, financial supporters, etc.). He or she works in close collaboration with staff and the Board of Directors, respecting the values and the vision of the organization.
Requirements of the Position
1. Bilingualism: Practical knowledge of French and English;
2. Minimum of 5 years of management experience;
3. Knowledge of the management principles suited to a community organization;
4. Experience in the management of a comparable annual budget;
5. Strong understanding of Indigenous realities.
- Knowledge of community resources in Montreal and of homelessness realities;
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies;
- Work experience with Indigenous peoples;
- Concrete experience in seeking out funding and developing partnerships.
- A permanent full-time position;
- Working conditions as set out in PAQ’s Employee Manual;
- Salary: according to the experience of the candidate and the salary range that is characteristic to the non-profit community sector.
- Start Date: December 2nd, 2019.
|Individuals interested in the position are asked to send a Letter of Intent and Curriculum Vitae to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org before midnight, September 29, 2019. Only those candidates who include a Letter of Intent as well as those possessing the required experience will be considered.
*Priority will be given to Indigenous candidates*
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.