DEVELOPMENT OFFICER (fundraising) – JOB OFFER (part-time)
The objective of the Development Officer position is to create and implement a fundraising strategy for PAQ from non-government sources, and increase the organization’s visibility and financial development.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Director, the Development Officer is responsible for the following:
Create and implement fundraising strategy
- In collaboration with the Director, create an annual fundraising goal and strategy to raise a $250,000 to $500,000 per year, with the goal of reducing reliance on government grants based on the recommendations from PAQ’s fundraising feasibility study
- Once the goal and strategy are approved, be responsible for its implementation
- Monitor and evaluate all fundraising activities to ensure that the fundraising goals are being achieved
Organize fund development activities
- In collaboration with the Director develop policies and procedures for PAQ which reflect ethical fundraising practices
- Identify, develop, and solicit corporate, community and individual prospects for the organization’s fundraising priorities
- Solicit foundations and others that have been identified in Ketchum’s feasibility study for PAQ and keep track of progress of prospect and eventual donor list.
- Oversee the administration of a donor contact list and database which respects the privacy and confidentiality of donor information
- Coordinate in-kind donations and provide list of in-kind donors.
- Develop and implement donor stewardship practices, so that donors will renew or increase their yearly financial commitments to PAQ
Manage fund development budget
- Develop a case for support to meet PAQ’s operating and capital expenditure needs not met by existing grants as well as from grants which are not recurring.
- Develop and gain approval for an annual income and expenditure budget for the fund development program
- Prepare regular reports on progress, budgets, receipts and expenditure related to fundraising and the use of funds and work with the bookkeeper and director to provide ongoing funder reports.
Increase the visibility and promote the organization
- Help develop a promote PAQ to its donors and maximize public awareness of the fundraising activities of PAQ.
- Coordinate the design, printing and distribution of marketing and communication materials for development efforts
- University degree
- Minimum of 5 years of fundraising experience
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies, prospect research, and donor relations
- Knowledge of special events planning and management
- Written and oral communication skills in both French and English
- Computer skills: Word processing, databases, and e-mail
The Development Officer should be able to:
- Behave ethically and be aligned with the values of the organization.
- Build positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of PAQ.
- Communicate effectively in a clear, thorough and timely manner.
- Focus on Donor Needs and anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of donors to meet or exceed their expectations within PAQ’s abilities.
- Develop and establish a work schedule with identified priorities, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
- Assess and solve problems and provide possible solutions to the Director.
- 1 year contract with possibility of renewal
- Part-time: 21 hours per week
- Development Officer works in an office in a community resource that helps the homeless
- Development Officer may be required to work evenings and weekends during special events
- Salary according to experience.
*All other things being equal, priority will be given to candidates of Aboriginal ancestry.