Managed Alcohol Program
It is a pilot program of permanent housing with the possibility for the resident to participate at a Managed Alcohol program (MAP) in order to reduce supervised housing obstacles and attenuate acute, chronicle and social harms related to alcohol addiction. This program offers an option of services-housing with a Managed Alcohol Program for 8 Indigenous men in homelessness situation with a severe alcohol addiction.
For the resident, the objectives of the program are :
- Offering a space that is favorable to stabilization and to life quality improvement.
- Improving access to primary health services.
- Putting in place a significance community support.
- Connecting or reconnecting with Indigenous cultures.
The house in which 8 men will stay is situated in down-town Montreal, with 8 furnished and private rooms, 3 washrooms, a shared kitchen, a patio and a game room.
There are many advantages to participate at this program and stay in this house.
- A private and lock room
- Reduction of hospital visits
- Socialization with room-mates
- Stabilization of alcohol consumption.
- Staff on site in urgent case
- A shared house where it is possible to (re)connect with our Indigenous roots.
For more information, please contact :