2020-2021 priorities, adapted by PAQ’s members at the 2020 General Meeting
1.Building our community
- Creation of a safe and welcoming community space for Indigenous women and men in homelessness situation and support without judgement in their life path.
- Indigenousation (autochtonisation) of different aspect of PAQ’s life: governance, interventions approaches, programs and activities, etc.
- Conformity with Public Health directives of Covid-19 to ensure the security of participants and staff.
- Setting up night and day programs culturally adapted that meets the members needs and preferences.
- Continuous training for PAQ team in the intervention approach, culturally adapted for Indigenous cultures.
2.Provide accessible services
- Setting up a house of permanent lodging with a managed alcohol program for the more vulnerable member of our community.
- Piloting a Life Skills program with confidence building for the transition rooms residents.
3.Defend health and housing rights for urban Indigenous people.
- Working actively with other Indigenous organizations and allies to fight against systemic racism in general society, and particularly in health and social services network.
Intern Priorities :
- Update and strengthening of our financial and operational protocols and procedures.
- Increase our fundraising capacity to diversify financial sources.